Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Disney Magic part 2

Around lunch time we parted ways with Hubby's mom so she could go to her conference. I was pretty hungry after walking around all morning so we grabbed a quick lunch in China.
Sadly I missed out on getting a photo with Mulan (my favorite Disney character) by seconds, she was just walking off as we arrived. Oh well, next time for sure.
After lunch we stopped in Germany for a beer. We were excited to see one of our favorite shandies on tap, even though it was $9 a pour we splurged and each got one. I kind of wish we had waited till Germany for lunch, the brats looked amazing.
Even the miniature village was celebrating the Flower and Garden Festival with added flowers.
Snow White was in Germany as we passed but the line to meet her was super long.
Since I was dressed like Minnie Mouse I really wanted to get some photos with her. The wait to see Mickey, Goofy, and Minnie at the character spot was less than 30 minutes and was such a special experience. I don't know who was more excited, me or Mickey Mouse.
I'll admit I was rather skeptical about meeting the characters at first but it really was magical. I still grin ear to ear when I think about meeting Mickey. I can only imagine how special it is for little kids.

My 2 year old niece LOVES Minnie Mouse, I think I'll get this photo printed up to send her. I hope she won't be too jealous. Hopefully we will get her to Disney in the next year or so so she can meet Minnie in person too. 

 The Dance of Hours is one of my favorite Fantasia sketches (along with Night on Bald Mountain). Hyacinth Hippo is so adorable. Hubby agreed to dress up as Ben Ali Gator if I ever make a Hyacinth costume.

 Hubby and I didn't get to go to The Land together last time we went to Epcot so we made sure to this time. Seeing the greenhouses gave us so many ideas for our own garden. We are proud to grow almost all our own produce in the summer, the size of our garden has already doubled this year from years past and I am excited to process and freeze even more this year.
Mine! Mine!
We said goodbye to Epcot for the day and jumped on the monorail to The Magic Kingdom, we arrived just in time for the parade.
 We got amazing spots and had a great view of the parade.

Being at Disney always makes me want to up my costume game.

 I'm happy to see Merida got a float in the parade shortly after our last visit, in my eyes she is one of the strongest characters in Disney's line up and such a good story. One of my dream cosplays is Merida's mother Queen Elinor.
 The fairy godmothers were on some sort of hoverboard like contraptions so they simply glided everywhere they went, it really added to the performance.

This may be one of the coolest things  we saw all weekend,  a huge steampunk Maleficent dragon that breathed fire.

The one thing I wanted to do in the park was go on The Haunted Mansion but we were having trouble getting our fastpasses set up so when we asked the girl at the ride to help she set us up with ones for the rest of the day and let us right in the fast pass lane skipping the hour wait.

 We had stupid good luck this trip, it was almost like Disney was trying to make up for our last trip which was not the most enjoyable (everything that could go wrong last time did, including thunderstorms and flooding). We seemed to catch every bus, monorail, water taxi, and ride at just the right time. We even got slushies "on Mickey" at one stand.
I was getting a little worn down around dinner time but we rode the carousel and got some dinner then I felt a bit more human. We met back up with Hubby's mom and we rode Ariel's Under Sea Adventure, we didn't even have to use our fastpass since there wasn't a line.

We took advantage of the midnight close time and we watched the Electric Parade and Fireworks then used the last of our fast passes for night rides on The Pirates of the Caribbean and the Jungle Cruise. The Jungle Cruise was especially fun in the dark.

It was a long but fun day and in all we walked somewhere between 12-15 miles. Needless to say we were a little sore when we turned in for the evening but nothing a few Advils and a good night's rest couldn't fix.

Stay tuned for more photos.

Some Bunny Loves Ya!