Friday, July 25, 2014

Sew Crazy

This morning we got in a good photo shoot at the old train station. It was only 9 in the morning but it was already over 80 degrees with 80 percent humidity.

This is my new dress I finished this week. Oh boy, what going down a size does. The dress fits perfectly, it is almost like the pattern designer used me as a model.

Isn't this print darling? I was drawn to it as soon as I saw it but dismissed it because of the blue. On my final sweep of the store I grabbed the bolt anyway. I was nervous when cutting it out because it was a one way print but I was ecstatic when I was able to cut out the version I wanted. Since the dresses in the print have sleeves I thought it would be fun to cut out the version that had cap sleeves.

Outfit Details:

Flower- eBay
Dress- made my me, Butterick 4443 
Belt- Thrifted
Shoes- Aerosoles
Briefcase- Vintage

I had picked out all the accessories for today's shoot earlier in the week but when I got dressed I didn't like what I had picked out. I tried lots of variations but I felt basic black was good for today. Later in the afternoon I switched out the black for nude shoes and a belt over a red cardigan to go to an appointment which ended up having a scheduling problem. 

Nothing like waiting 40 minutes for someone to even bother to see that you are waiting then have them tell you they don't know why you are there because the person you are there to see isn't there. No call, no warning, no sorry. They even lost my paper work. *grrr* This has not been a great week. I was just glad to get these photos before I ended up crying for 2 hours due to the appointment dilemma.

Any whoo, I was glad we got some good shots today.

Our station is no longer a passenger platform but is still open to the public as a historic site.

A Florida heritage site

Well. good news. My car is running again. It was the ignition switch (10 points for me, I thought it was the problem). My hubby took it to a little local place that specializes in Volkswagen and they fixed that and the oil leak in just a couple hours. They did great work for the cost but it was more than I thought it would be. We dropped my hubby's car off this morning, the battery was bad like we had thought (even though we had the battery tested at the auto part place they said it was fine) but the other problem it had been having was the priciest of the possible things it could have been. The guy gave us a good quote on the part and work so we went ahead and had them order the part in. We will it get back on Monday afternoon, I can walk to to shop to pick it up they are so close to our house. We barely had the money for one bill, let alone two (two cars break down in one day, crazy). We will manage somehow, we always do. 

Last night we got to hang out with some juggler friends for a few hours of juggling. It was nice and took our minds off of things. I am so out of practice and wear out quickly but I was able to do a few 3 and 4 person passing patterns only somewhat horribly. The club is working on meeting more again so hopefully I can get whipped back into juggling shape.

Here's hoping next week will be a better one. *raises coffee cup*