Monday, March 24, 2014

Camping Day 3 -part 2

I wish we could have stayed at St Andrews forever but alas, my hubby had to go back to work on Monday and we were missing our fur-family. We had a great friend watching our furbabies, so we knew they were in good hands but one can only go without kitty and bunny cuddles for so long. 

An anhinga drying it's wings
On our way back from the pier we stopped by a bird watching dock. We saw just about every type of heron and egret that live in Florida and for a special treat we saw a juvenile Wood Stork. I couldn't get any good photos of the stork. 

We also got to see a Marsh Rabbit. I don't think I had ever seen one up close. The cute little guy let me get right up next to him, living in a State Park I'm sure he was used to people.
I think he knew we were bunny people

In the afternoon we hiked back out to Sandy Point. Being Saturday it had more people so we walked along the beach and took photos of the fresh deer tracks in the sand before hitting the trails back.

 We took our time and explored one of the paths we hadn't gone down yet. I'm glad we did because we got to meet this Snapping Turtle. We know how aggressive these turtles can be. Even though this fellow didn't seem to mind us, we kept our distance and shot this with a zoom. 
My Sock it to Me bike socks, a must have for any bike trip (my old bike was pink and these looked amazing with it)

When I found this Old Navy shirt I knew I had to have it, it had a pink bike on it to go with my bike socks

An old sunken sail boat right off the shore by the shell point shuttle dock.
We really enjoyed our trip and now we can't wait to go camping again. We really need to get a few friends to go with us. I hope we can find a few that wouldn't mind primitive camping (I hate being around RVs), although I'm not sure I want to give up running water and nice bathrooms. 

We got in town just at sunset and we splurged at our favorite dive. Since it was late when we got home we waited till Sunday to unpack. I was busy washing, folding, unpacking, and repacking everything from the trip. I didn't get to sit down much except to start sorting and re-sizing the photos from the trip. Even today I still have to put up 3 loads of laundry. Oh well, I better get on that so I can crochet a little.

Much love, RC